Thank you for your interest in The Caring Place!
St. Augustine is quoted as saying:
“What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.”
At The Caring Place we have the opportunity to minister to those who are poor and in crisis through services that help meet their basic needs. We have the opportunity to show love, as we were directed in 1 John 3:18 “let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.”
The Caring Place core services are:
- Food: We provide bags of groceries.
- Clothing: Ready to wear clothing for men, women, and children, household items, and toiletries.
- Social Services: We have a licensed social worker on staff who is available to assist families and individuals.
- Diapers: Our diaperLove program provides 90 diapers per month for up to two children in a home for qualified families.
- For information on other programs offered, please go to the “What We Do” tab.
Caring Place Statistics 2013:
- 1,200: Average number of households served each month.
- 3,638: Total number of children who were assisted through The Caring Place.
- 358,760: Total pounds of food given to those in need.
- 267,0300: Total number of diapers given to struggling families.
- 237: Number of homeless households served.
The Caring Place is blessed by a community of volunteers. In 2013, more than 160 active volunteers contributed their skills to ministering to the needy of Bradley County by working at The Caring Place. Volunteers greeted clients, assessed need, packed food bags, sorted clothing and encouraged many people through prayers, kind words, and smiling faces.